FRIENDLY PET CARE BUSINESS POLICIES
FRIENDLY PET CARE LLC PET SITTING POLICIES
All uses of the phrase “Friendly Pet Care", "we" or "us" shall refer to Friendly Pet Care.
Client is referred to as “client" or "you.”
1. Scheduling: Coordinating in advance with us is always appreciated and preferable. However, please do not hesitate to reach out if you need us. We will do our best to provide care as requested. However, please understand that last minute (less than 48 hours in advance) coordination of care will likely present an “urgent need accommodation” increase in rate of $15 over your base rate. Late night visits (10 p.m. or after) are $10 above the base rate. Scheduled visiting times are close approximate.
2. Confirmation: Client agrees to confirm by phone or by e-mail approximately two or three days before out-of-town
(business/vacation) extended scheduled departures. Since voice messages or e-mails are not 100% reliable, please make sure we speak personally or that all e-mail is acknowledged. This is to ensure your pet’s needs are carried out as intended and expected
3. Early Returns: We know that plans change. Sometimes at the last minute. Please understand that Friendly Pet Care carefully schedules our time to provide service for you and our other clients. We set aside time to be there for you and by so doing may pass by other opportunities to provide service to others. Therefore, there are no refunds or credits for early returns or last minute changes to your pet care needs. Once pet care begins, amount due still applies. If you need to return home early, please notify us. See also item # 16.
4. Cancellations: All cancellations of bookings extended over 3 days are subject to a 35% cancellation fee. Ongoing weekly day care visits require 48 hours cancellation notice or payment is due. Our sitters/walkers reserve this time slot for you and arrange their calendars to provide this service. For long-term extended day care, clients will be granted a % of free cancellations per month determined by the number of days contracted per month. See also item #16.
5. Holiday Rates and Holiday Cancellations: Holidays are rated at 50% to 75% additional. Holidays will require the corresponding rate increase percentage in a deposit within 2 weeks after booking request has been acknowledged. “Major” holidays are Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. “Minor” holidays are the remaining listed below, at the end of this paragraph. Please understand that pet sitting services and kennels receive more requests for reservations than they can typically accommodate on holidays or during holiday time periods. It is highly likely that we turned away other clients because we have reserved time for you. Major holiday reservations require 75% of booking total as a deposit 2 weeks after booking request has been received and acknowledged. Minor holidays require 50% of booking total as a deposit 2 weeks after booking request has been received and acknowledged. Holiday cancellations require a minimum of 4 weeks notice for the deposit to be applied to a future booking. Holidays are: New Years Eve, New Years Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day, all Federal (bank) Holidays (popular time for a 3-day mini-vacation), Memorial Day, 4 th of July, Labor Day, Mothers Day, and Fathers Day.
6. Inclement Weather: You can trust that Friendly Pet Care will use best judgement in caring for your pets and home at all times. If we are assigned during severe storms, hurricanes, snow/ice conditions, etc., this remains true. Friendly Pet Care will make EVERY effort to carry out your instructions to the best of our abilities. Caring for our client’s homes and the safety of their pets is always our concern. We are not likely to be deterred unless the situation is severe. We have clients select a nearby emergency contact and that will be indicated on the Basics form completed for us and again herewith below the paragraph titled Emergency Contact. The severe inclement weather or other disaster plan will be as follows: 1) Every effort will be made to get to your home; 2) The service schedule may be changed, interrupted, or altered due to circumstances; 3) If it is not possible to arrive safely to your home, your emergency contact will be notified; 4) You will be notified that the above-mentioned contingency plan has been activated.
7. Emergency Contact: Friendly Pet Care needs the name and phone number of a person living nearby (with access to your home) on our Basic Information form. Please indicate below this paragraph as well. This should be a person close enough to walk to your home if roads are impassable. As stated, above, and reiterated here, if we are unable to drive to your home this information is needed so that we can contact this person to request their assistance to check on and care for your pet(s). Please remember that garage door openers and key pads are not operational in the event of power outages. In the event that you do not provide a nearby emergency contact with access to your home for Friendly Pet Care, you must realize that Friendly Pet Care will provide service but not until conditions allow.
8. Medications/Vaccinations: Friendly Pet Care will attempt to administer medications as directed but cannot be held
responsible for complications that arise as a result. Excessively shy cats or especially aggressive cats with medical problems can be a serious risk. If you have such an animal, this must be thoroughly discussed. Under no circumstances will Friendly Pet Care service any pet that has any form of contagious illness. This is for the safety of other customers. Friendly Pet Care requires that all pets have the vaccinations and immunizations up-to-date before service begins. If Friendly Pet Care’s pet care provider is bitten or exposed to any disease or ailment received from the client’s pet(s) which has not been properly or currently vaccinated, the client will be responsible for all costs and damages that may incur.
9. Access to your Home by Others: If client allows any other person(s) access to their home during Friendly Pet Care’s contract period, Friendly Pet Care cannot be held liable for any damages to property or pets as a result. Please notify Friendly Pet Care if someone will be in your home. Please also notify the person(s) in your home that a representative of Friendly Pet Care is coming so that your visitor, as well, is not surprised by our entrance.
10. Fences: Fenced in yards are wonderful play spaces for pets, however, no fence system is totally secure for your pet’s safety. Friendly Pet Care does not accept responsibility or liability for any client’s pets that escape, are injured or become lost, fatal or otherwise, when pets are left outdoors, or are given at will access (have use of a doggie door) to a fenced in area. This includes electronic, wood, metal or any other fence types
11. Pet and house clean-up: Friendly Pet Care will properly dispose of pet waste and do our best to clean up any accidents your pet may have. Friendly Pet Care is not responsible for carpet/flooring stains created by your pet(s). We do request that you provide plastic bags, towels, cleaning products, paper towels, trash bags and indicate where you would like the waste disposed.
12. Leashes: All dogs will be required to be on a leash during outdoor walks.
13. Unforeseen purchases: Any additional necessary costs such as that for food, litter, cleaning supplies or other items that contribute to the health and well being of your pet will be purchased by Friendly Pet Care. We will retain a receipt and client will be responsible for reimbursement. A $15 trip fee will be applied.
14. Animal Behavior: The behavior of animals can be unpredictable. Friendly Pet Care does not accept responsibility or liability for animal behavior, normal or otherwise, which results in injury to the client’s animals. Further, if a Friendly Pet
Care pet care provider is harmed or injured by the client’s animals, the client/owner accepts full responsibility for the cost of any necessary medical attention required by either the Friendly Pet Care pet care provider or by the animal(s).
15. Updates: We hope to maintain a long-term relationship with our clients. Please provide us with updates in regard to the details of your pets’ care needs. You may be required to complete a new Basics form periodically and certainly with the addition of new pets to the family unit.
16. Payments, Reservations, Deposits: All bookings scheduled over 3 days or more will require a 35% of the total booking fee to secure the dates. This is required no later than 2 weeks after the booking is requested. With 3 weeks or more notice of the need to cancel, prior to the start of the service date, this amount will be applied to the next booking. With less than 3 weeks notice, this amount is not applicable to future bookings. In the pet care business as in so many other businesses that require reservations, plans are generally made well in advance. It is highly unlikely that we would be able to fill the space you open by canceling or by an early return. The assigned care givers reserve their time to take excellent care of your pets, likely giving up other assignment opportunities. There are no deposit refunds. However, the amount is credited to future bookings, given proper notice. Reason is as above stated for cancellations with less than 3 weeks notice. See also item #4
All payments are due on or BEFORE the start of service. CASH OR CHECK PAYMENT: Client will receive an invoice with the balance that is owed. In most instances the invoice is mailed via e-mail. It is asked that the client print the invoice if possible and leave with their payment. Pet Care provider will collect the payment and be responsible for getting the payment to the office for processing. If client does not have access to e-mail or a printer, the invoice will be
mailed through the postal service.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENT: An invoice will be generated through our Pay Pal account with a link that will bring client
to the payment center. Client does NOT have to have a Pay Pal Account. Client will enter their credit card into the
secure system and Friendly Pet Care will receive notice that payment has been made. There is a 3% processing fee.
Many clients use this option for larger. Long-term bookings finding the points offered by many credit card companies an
Return Check Charges: There is a $25 fee for any returned checks.
17. Keys: We require that there be 2 sets of keys in our possession in the event that one would become lost. Clearly we MUST be able to enter. In lieu of a key, an alternate method of entry is not acceptable. Remember that during power outages, garage door openers and key pads typically are non-operational. Friendly Pet Care retains keys securely. In the event of an unexpected trip, you’ll be glad we do. Keys are kept in a secure manner, coded with high confidentiality in mind with no reference to the client’s home address. If you choose not to have Friendly Pet Care retain keys, picking up and returning your keys requires two additional trips and there will be a $15 charge per trip for time and mileage. A second option for key return is via U.S. mail. However this is not considered to be a secure option and will require expressed written consent by client. The charge for this option is $15.00 processing. Please always check the keys you provide. t ensure that they are working.